Japanese e-Books Free Trial in May, 2009
Japanese e-books free trial from NetLibrary is now available for Pitt students, faculty and staff until the end of May. This is offered by OCLC and Kinokuniya Bookstore.
I would like to start purchasing Japanese e-books from July based on this trial and your feedbacks. Please try it and let me know. The followings are some tips to access Japanese e-books. Please use Microsoft Internet Explorer, not Firefox, since some functions of NetLibrary do not work well with Firefox.
You cannot search Japanese e-books in PittCat classic nor PittCat+ yet, because we don’t purchase them yet. You have to go to NetLibrary first in following steps.
1. Go to Library Home page “ULS Digital Library” / (if you are accessing from you home, don’t forget to access from off campus access . )
2. Click left tab “FACULTY EXPRESS” or STUDENT EXPRESS
3. Click Database by Title
4. Click “N”
5. Click “net Library”
6. Click “CONNECT to the database”
7. You will access home page of NetLibrary and you will see a message “Welcome to the University of Pittsburgh eContent Collection”
8. Start search by Japanese by change search language from pull down menu.